Generating additional PDF output from a Process Plan step
pdfToolbox 10 adds a new Process Plan step to generate additional PDF output files from a Process Plan. Where before, a single Process Plan would always have a single PDF output file, using this new "Create PDF copy" step, a single Process Plan can now save additional PDF output files.
- The Process Plan step is called "Create PDF copy". As all other steps, double-clicking or clicking the "Add" button the right of the name, inserts the step at the end of your Process Plan.
- This is how this new step looks in a Process Plan. By default, this step outputs an additional PDF file with the same name as the regular result of the complete Process Plan and next to it (in the same folder as where the regular output file is generated).
- This property allows specifying an optional prefix that will be added to the name of the PDF file generated by this step.
- This property allows specifying an optional suffix that will be added to the name of the PDF file generated by this step.
- This property allows specifying an optional folder for the output file generated by this step. If used, a folder with the specified name will be created and the output file generated by this step will be saved into this folder.
- Select this checkbox to overwrite any file with the same name as the file generated by this step.
- These options allows setting up what needs to happen next based on success or failure of this step.
- The Process Plan always generates an output PDF files, whether or not you use such a step. Using this step simply generates an extra output PDF file.
- You can use this step multiple times in the same Process Plan if you need to generate multiple output files at different stages of your Process Plan.