Color convert to PSO Coated v3 (ECI)
pdfToolbox includes a profile for color conversion and a device link for PSO Coated v3 ICC profile.
The third version of Process Standard Offset was introduced in September 2015.
Launch pdfToolbox Desktop
Open the PDF file "OurCompany_X4_Spot_Demo file.pdf"
- Go to "File".
- Click "Open" to launch the file load dialog box and navigate to the folder where the input PDF file "OurCompany_X4_Spot_Demo file.pdf" is located.
Open the Fixups dialog
- Go to "Tools".
- Click "Fixups".
Search to Fixup
- In the search field search to "Convert color to PSO Coated v3".
- Select "Convert color to PSO Coated v3 (ECI) (convert spot colors to CMYK) v8.2".
- Click "Edit" to review the Fixup.
NOTE: pdfToolbox 8.2 provides two Fixups for the color conversion to PSO Coated v3. The first Fixup transforms the spot colors to CMYK, the second keeps the spot colors.
Inspect the Fixup
In the "Destination" and "CMYK" part, the ISO profile "PSO Coated v3" is applied.
- Click "Conversion settings".
Review the Fixup
All the spot color elements in the PDF will be converted to CMYK "PSO Coated v3".
- Click "Cancel".
Apply the Fixup
Save the output PDF file
- Save the output PDF file as "OurCompany_X4_Spot_Demo file_Processed".
- Click "Save".
Inspect the preflight report
A green check mark is shown, refers to a successful correction. All spot color elements in the PDF file are converted to CMYK "PSO Coated v3".