Batch processing for Actions
pdfToolbox Desktop can do more than just checking or fixing one file at a time; the Batch Processing mode allows it to process multiple PDF documents within a folder. The Switchboard allows you to apply any Action to all PDF files within a given folder.
The Batch function in pdfToolbox can process up to 100 documents one after another. For a high-volume approach using hot folders, pdfToolbox Server is recommended.
Select the Action from the Switchboard
- Select the desired Action...
- ... And apply any desired Settings.
(Here, under the Document category, the Action Save as PDF 1.x has been specified as PDF Version 1.3.)
- Click on the Batch option to specify additional batch processing settings.
Batch processing: Organize and start the batch
- Under Heading 1, select the folder containing the PDF files to be processed.
- Under 2: Process batch will display processing progress...
- ... Once you click on the Start button.
Depending on the processing results, the files will then be stored either in a folder containing successfully processed (Success - 1) or unsuccessful results (Failure - 2).
These are located in a folder named with the timestamp - 3 for the processing point which will be automatically shown after processing is complete.