Convert entire folder into an archive PDF
pdfaPilot lets you convert folders containing multiple PDF files (or other file formats) into an archive PDF using a simple drag-and-drop process.
This archive PDF will then contain (depending on the selected conversion type) the files from the folder, including all sub-folders.
Select folder containing PDF files
Select the folder containing the desired files and drag it into the pdfaPilot window.
Select processing options
A dialog box will open.
A message will appear at the top of the window: A folder has been dropped on callas pdfaPilot. Please choose one of the following options:
- Create a dossier: In this case, instead of converting files, they will all be embedded in their original format. The resulting PDF will be a PDF/A-3 file.
- Create an archive, PDF/A-2: Files (and file formats) will be converted if possible. Files which cannot be converted will be excluded. The resulting PDF will be a PDF/A-2 file.
- Create an archive, PDF/A-3: Files will be converted if possible. Files which cannot be converted will be embedded in their original format. The resulting PDF will be a PDF/A-3 file.
- Create archive, PDF/A-3, plus source file: Files will be converted to PDF/A-3. Files which cannot be converted will be embedded. The resulting PDF will be a PDF/A-3 file. Files which can be converted to PDF from other formats will be embedded in addition to the original file.
- Cancel: Cancel and close the window.
pdfaPilot begins processing. A progress bar reports on the process.
- A cover page will show the user a summary of embedded files.
- The Embedded files will also be shown in a list on the left.
- At the bottom of the Document window, you will also see the name of the PDF standard used.
- The newly created PDF file will be named after the folder that was processed. It will be stored one level up from the processed folder.