Switchboard: Office/E-mail to PDF
To allow you to save emails in PDF format, pdfaPilot offers a range of options for converting text and attachments into a “standard” PDF or the long-term archiving format PDF/A.
A wide range of settings are available for managing text and attachments.
Open the Switchboard
In pdfaPilot standalone, open the switchboard via Tools > Switchboard in the menu or use the keyboard shortcut Cmd+2.
If you are using pdfaPilot as an Acrobat plug-in, you can open the switchboard via Plug-Ins > pdfaPilot <version number> Switchboard.
The “E-mail to PDF” Action
The “E-mail to PDF” action is part of the “Office” group.
Click on the E-mail to PDF symbol to open the settings window:
- You can select an E-mail document to process by clicking “Browse” and selecting an email file from the window that opens.
- The Use Template section lets you select the appropriate version for the email program used (Apple Mail, Basic, Outlook or Thunderbird)
- pdfaPilot offers a range of options under Convert to. The basic choice is between converting to PDF or PDF/A. The list also offers a range of options for handling attachments (as original / PDF / PDF/A / additional PDF pages).
- The check box lets you specify whether to embed the original email file.
- Click Execute to start the conversion process.
- pdfaPilot will then report that processing is complete.
- The resulting PDF or PDF/A file will then be shown in the file window.
The “E-mail to PDF” Action for batch processing
The E-mail to PDF Action can also be used for batch processing.
To do so, click on the Batch button after applying the settings in the Action window.
- The batch processing dialog allows you to select the folder containing the files to be processed.
- Once this is done, click Start.
The resulting files will be stored in a folder named Successful, located in a timestamped sub-folder in the original files’ directory.