Generate bleed from page content
With pdfToolbox, you are able to create bleed in CMYK + spot color (If the input file has spot colors) or Grayscale but also create bleed with sRGB, CMYK or when the PDF has an OutputIntent.
This tutorial shows how to generate bleed from the spot color "HKS 10 N".
Open the PDF file "Bleed_Demo file_1" in Adobe Acrobat Output Preview
For bleed generation the spot color "HKS 10 N" will be used.
First steps: How to generate bleed
Open the attached PDF (or your own document) and create a new Fixup.
Fixup category: Pages
Fixup type: Generate bleed at page edges
Customize the Fixup
- In the "Method" drop down list, select "Mirror as image (edges and corners)" (The other options for selection are explained in the Fixup comment)
- In the "Colorspace" drop down list select "CMYK and spot colors"
- Set the 'width' of bleed for all 4 edges: left, right, top and bottom
Rename the Fixup and 'Execute'
The following methods are available to generate bleed:
- Mirror as image (edges)
- Mirror as image (edges and corners)
- Repeat last pixel as image (edges)
- Repeat last pixel as image (edges and corners)
- Mirror page objects (edges)
- Mirror page objects (edges and corners)
Following settings for the Colorspace parameter are available:
- Use OutputIntent (CMYK will be used if no OI available)
- RGB (sRGB IEC61966-2.1)
- CMYK and spot colors
Analyze the processed PDF file in pdfToolbox
5 mm bleed is added on all sides.
Analyze the processed PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Output Preview
The extra 5 mm bleed is generated from the spot color "HKS 10 N" from the 4 page edges.