Convert to PDF/X-5n
pdfToolbox is able to convert and validate PDF files to the PDF/X-5n ISO standard.
pdfToolbox has the possibility to convert a PDF file into a multicolor space by using an ICC profile. For example RGB and CMYK content convert to hexachrome, CMYK + Red or any other multicolor scenarios.
This article shows how to use a default 7-color profile and setup pdfToolbox to use your own multi-color profiles.
Right below, the demo file "Display callas_Demo file.pdf" used in this article can be dowbloaded.
Open the Output preview mode
- Go to "View".
- Click "Output preview".
Analyze the Output preview
- The PDF is identified as a PDF/X-4 standard.
- The PDF has the output intent "ISO Coated v2 (ECI).
Apply the Profile "Convert to PDF/X-5n (7C Indigo TAC370 (ColorLogic))"
- In the search field search to "Convert to PDF/X-5n (7C Indigo TAC370 (ColorLogic))"
- Select the Fixup "Convert to PDF/X-5n (7C Indigo TAC370 (ColorLogic))".
- Click "Analyze and fix".
Save the output PDF file
- Save the PDF as "Display callas_7C_PDFX-5n".
- Click "Save".
Review the preflight report
- A green checkmark shows, no errors occurred.
- More details what steps are carried out.
Analyze the output PDF file
- The PDF is identified as a PDF/X-5n standard.
- The PDF has the output intent "7C Indigo TAC370 (ColorLogic)"
- In the PDF three extra color separations are added: "Green"; "Orange" and "Violet". Now it is a seven color PDF file (CMYKOGV).
Open the callas pdfToolbox Preferences
- Go to "callas pdfToolbox".
- Click "callas pdfToolbox Preferences".