This callas pdfToolbox 12 property searches for any number of barcodes or matrix codes in the specified area for a rendering with given resolution.
How is 'Find barcodes' different from 'Barcode is in area'?
'Find barcode' property can return any number of barcodes which shall be combined with other barcodes properties like 'Barcode value' or 'Symbology' (type of barcode/matrix code) and therefore can create multiple hits in contrast to the 'Barcode is in area' property that always only creates one hit per check.
Find barcodes property, in addition, enables:
- finding barcodes/matrix codes for low-resolution scans or similar low-level quality originals
- finding barcodes/matrix codes for pages with many barcodes very close to each other
'Find barcodes' property
- Relative to: Page boxes or the origin of the coordinate system
- X-offset: Or the horizontal offset. A negative value means moving the origin left
- Y-offset: Or the vertical offset. A negative value means moving the origin down
- Width: Horizontal extent of the page area to be searched
- Height: Vertical extent of the page area to be searched
- Units: Unit of measurement in cm, mm, inches, points or picas
- Resolution for rendering: Resolution of the (internally rendered) page image
- Filter for rendering: Makes it possible to create a rendered page only based on the objects found by this filter.
- Symbologies: Supported barcode types (also shown below)
- Detection of low-quality barcodes: Checkbox to detect low-quality barcodes which makes the search about two times slower
The Barcode detection is performed on an internally rendered image of each page. Therefore only the coordinates are available (besides the determined details of the barcode). For this reason, found barcodes can not be handled by other Fixups (e.g. colors of a barcoed can not be explicitly converted).