Color convert with n-channel ICC profiles
Multicolor spaces are allowed by the additional use of printing inks such as Orange, Green and Violet to get brilliant color results.
pdfToolbox has the possibility to convert a PDF file into a multicolor space by using an ICC profile. For example RGB and CMYK content convert to hexachrome, CMYK + Red or any other multicolor scenarios.
In the pdfToolbox Desktop Window
Open the PDF file "Display callas_Demo file.pdf"
- Go to "File".
- Click "Open" and browse to the file "Display callas_Demo file.pdf".
Open the "Process separations" view mode
- Go to "View".
- Click "Visualize process separations".
Analyze the PDF file
- Select "Regular page view".
- The PDF has a four color space (CMYK).
Open the Fixups dialog
- Go to "Tools" and pull down the menu.
- Select "Fixups" to display the Fixup menu.
Apply the Fixup "Create additional colorants Green, Orange and Violet for 7C devices"
- In the search field, search to "Create additional colorants Green, Orange and Violet for 7C devices".
- Select the Fixup "Create additional colorants Green, Orange and Violet for 7C devices".
- Click "Fix".
Save the output PDF file
- Save the output PDF file as "Display callas_7C".
- Click "Save".
Review the preflight report
- A green check-mark is displayed, indicating that no problems are found.
- Descriptive text that details what the profile performs upon completion.
Analyze the processed PDF file
- Note: The additional channels "Green", "Orange" and "Violet" have been added, in addition to the original process colors "CMYK".