Place dynamic page numbers
Since version 8.0, pdfToolbox supports a variety of information using static as well dynamic text in a PDF file. Different fonts, sizes, colors, placement options and other design specifications can be added.
In this tutorial the dynamic text functionality is used. Page numbers are added in the PDF file.
Apply the Fixup "Place page number in left or right corner" on "Page numbers_Demo file.pdf"
- In the search field, look for "Place page number in left or right corner".
- Select the predefined Fixup "Place page number in left or right corner".
- Click "Fix".
On each page, the page number is added. The page number is placed in the lower outside corner (right odd pages; left even pages). After "/", the total page count is also mention. The font is "Arial" in a 12 pt size.
In the next steps, you will learn how to determine the page numbers with other design specifications.
- Close the processed PDF file.
- Duplicate the original Fixup and save the duplicated Fixup as "Place page number in left or right corner (without total number of pages)"
- Change the description of the Fixup in "Places the page number at the lower left corner on even pages and at the lower right on odd pages."
- Toggle off "Add total number of pages" (even pages)
- Method allows to add:
- Font families
- Web fonts
- Fonts from library
- Upon selecting 'Fonts from library' method, fonts can be imported from the system
- Change the font properties (even pages)
- Scroll down and edit the same for odd pages
- Select the Fixup "Place page number in left or right corner (without total number of pages)".
- Click "Fix".
Save the output file.