Quick Fix overview
QuickFix is a new type of PDF manipulation feature. Whereas Fixups are based on a powerful PDF analysis and modification engine with extensive customization capabilities, the QuickFix architecture is based on a comparatively lean analysis engine combined with highly specialized modification modules. The main implications are
- QuickFix is much faster than comparable Fixups
- QuickFixes are less customizable than Fixups
- QuickFixes exist only for certain PDF modification functions, there are many types of modifications that can only be achieved through Fixups
- in some cases both a QuickFix and a Fixup are available for more or less the same functionality; one would choose QuickFix if speed of the essence, and a Fixup, if customizability is more important.
QuickFixes exists for the following functional areas:
- Spot color
- Page geometry
- Scale/rotate/flip pages
- Create/duplicate/reorder/delete pages
- Layers (including Processing Steps metadata)
- Output intents
- PDF/VT DPart
QuickFixes can be used either as a step in Process Plan or on their own (they are listed in the Fixup view). As QuickFixes are based on a completely different architecture than Fixups, they cannot be included in a Profile. In addition, QuickFix can be executed directly on the command line, using JSON files.
On the command line, it is possible to execute a QuickFix directly, using a JSON file based QuickFix configuration. For details see the article Using QuickFix on the command line.
./pdfToolbox my_quickfix_config.json my_pdf_file.pdf